The year 2004 marked the formation of a new organization when eight Crookston area farmers incorporated as the Red River Valley Sugarbeet Museum, Inc. The purpose of the Museum is to collect and display Sugarbeet and Agriculture related equipment and memorabilia. The former Crookston Implement site consisting of two large buildings and 14.77 acres was purchased for this purpose. An agreement was negotiated with Tri-Valley Opportunity Council to purchase the buildings from the Museum with the Museum retaining 11.2 acres of land. A long term lease was signed giving the Museum 11,000 square feet of inside display area to be used for the showing of old Sugarbeet equipment and other Ag related objects.
Videos -Click this link.
Machinery List >>>
Current Restoration Projects:
the restoration projects >>>
See our 5th Annual Harvest Festival Held Sept.13,2009>>>
In 2008 the Museum is honoring the Gust Swenson family of Crookston, MN. Gust along with his two sons started the Gust Swenson and Sons Welding and Machine Shop in 1945. Over the years they built numerous pieces of farm equipment which were sold world wide.
Row: Elliot Solhiem, Gerhard Ross, Roger Odegaard &
B. Row: Steve Williams, Bruce Erdmann, Lonn Kiel
& Allan Dragseth.
Roger Odegaard, Vice President
Paul Dragseth, Secretary/Treasurer
Ross, Board Member
Steve Williams, Board Member
Bruce Erdmann, Board Member
Elliot Solheim, Board Member
Lonn Kiel, Board Member
more information or to donate items: